Not sure how to celebrate the first day of the New Year here on Long Island? We’ve got you covered! Tango, Tango & Tango has found some options for you to enjoy from one end of Long Island to the other.
Ways to celebrate the New Year on Long Island
Whether you want to start your healthy habits, or want to take it easy, our Long Island native staff have found the best ways to enjoy the first day of the New Year in both Suffolk and Nassau Counties. Check them out.
Take in a local production
STOMP! at Patchogue Theatre Is having a big show on December 31st at 10PM, but there’s also a show at 4pm on New Year’s Day if you want to spend the evening watching a great show right on Long Island. No need to drive, or travel into Manhattan for a high-quality theatre production.
Learn more about the STOMP! production.
Visit holiday light shows
Holiday Light Spectacular on Serpentine Lane offers a unique light show in Levittown, New York. You can donate to a great cause, National Brain Tumor Society. It’s in honor of Long Island’s own Frank C. Egan who passed away a few years ago of Glioblastoma multiforme (GMB). Enjoy the lights at 40 Serpentine Lane from 4:30PM to 9:00pm (a new light show happens every 10 minutes throughout the night). Learn more about the Serpentine Lane Light Show.
- Magic Lights at Jones Beach State Park is a little expensive, but is a great option for anyone interested in enjoying a light show further out in Nassau County. You’ll need tickets for this one, and if you pay at the gate, it’s CASH ONLY. Find out more about the Jones Beach State Park light show.
Test your mind
Santa’s Workshop Escape in Rockville Centre will challenge your mind after you’ve come out of that Christmas FOG. Jump start your 2020 with a bit of a challenge.
Find all the escape room options offered at the Rockville Centre spot.
Start the year with an outdoor adventure
First Day of the Year HIKES:
- New Year’s Day Seal Walk in Montauk at the Montauk State Park
- Hallock State Park Preserve in Riverhead
- Connetquot River State Park Reserve in Oakdale
- Caumsett State Historic Park Preserve in Lloyd Harbor
- Jones Beach State Park in Wantagh
- Ridge Conservation Area in Ridge
- Bethpage State Park in Bethpage
Find out more about your local First Day of the Year Hikes today.
See that MUST-SEE movie
Head out to see one of the movies everyone’s talking about at one of the many movie theaters on Long Island! Need a list of some of the best movie theatres on Long Island? We got you covered --> Best Movie Places on Long Island
Sometimes it’s nice to start a new year off hanging out with friends, or family, right here on Long Island. There’s plenty our Island offers.
Happy New Year from your Long Island Insurance Agents in the Tango, Tango & Tango offices, located in Commack and Rockaway.